Super Mario was one of the video games that floated our minds when we were kids. Up until now, it’s still the favorite retro game of many people. Apart from Super Mario, Tetris and Pac-Man were a hit but they’re difficult to come by today, which is kind of sad as there can be times when we feel like revisiting joyous childhood days that consist mostly of playing such games.
Back in the day, consoles didn’t put a lot of focus on game graphics as they put more emphasis on stories and gameplay. Today, gaming has evolved and brought us stunning life-like visuals. Still, great graphics don’t necessarily mean better games. If you’re like us, then you definitely know that pixelated graphics can offer some of the best gaming experiences.
If you want to relive and re-experience how it was to play a game using an old-school console, you’re in luck as you definitely can without having to purchase individual consoles! You can enjoy the best of old gaming consoles using only your PC! Just choose an emulator that emulates your preferred console, and you’re all set!
The great thing about emulation and console emulators is they let us preserve our history and love for the classic games! Without emulation, it would be hard to get an old Atari, Sega or Nintendo game to work on a computer. Fortunately, there are emulators that help ensure even an obscure title stays alive in one form or another.
As there are tons of console emulators that you can choose from, we’ll help you by featuring the best ones for Mac, Linux, and Windows. But also some are supported for smartphones operating systems too, including iOS and Android. Check them out below!
Emulators List Quick Navigation:
– PS1 Emulator – “ePSXe” (Windows, Linux, macOS, Android)
– PS1 Emulator – “DuckStation” (Windows, macOS, Android)
– PS2 Emulator – “PCSX2” (Windows, Linux, macOS)
– PS2 Emulator for Android & iOS – “PS2Smart”
– PS3 Emulator – “PS3Mobi” (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)
– PS4 Emulator – “PS4Emus” (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)
– PS5 Emulator – “PS5Emux” (Windows, macOS)
– PSP Emulator – “PPSSPP” (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS)
– Nintendo 64 Emulator – “Project64” (Windows)
– Wii Emulator – “Dolphin” (Windows)
– GameCube Emulator – “Dolphin” (Windows)
– Nintendo DS Emulator – “DeSmuME” (Windows, macOS)
– Nintendo 3DS Emulator – “Citra” (Windows, Linux, macOS)
– Sega Dreamcast Emulator – “NullDC” (Windows)
– DOS Emulator – “DOSBox” (Windows, macOS)
– Arcade Emulator – “MAME” (Windows)
– GameBoy Advance Emulator – “Visual Boy Advance – VBA” (Windows)
– GameBoy Advance & GameBoy Color Emulator for Android – “John GBAC”
– Xbox One Emulator – “BolXEmu” (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)
– Xbox 360 Emulator – “BolXEmu” (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)
– Sega Mega Drive Emulator “Kega Fusion” (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
– Retro Consoles Emulator – “OpenEmu” (Windows, macOS)
– NES & Super Nintendo Emulator – “SNES9x” (Windows, Android version name: “SNES9X EX+”)
– Multiple Consoles Emulator – “Launchbox” (Windows, Android)
– Multiple Consoles / Best Emulator – “RetroArch” (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS)
The List of Video Game Consoles Emulators:
PS5Emux – PS5 Emulator
OS Supported: Windows, macOS
Download from: Official Website
PS5Emux is a newly created PlayStation 5 emulator released in March 2023.
It’s supported for 64 bit operating systems, Windows and macOS. According to its website, developers are trying to make smartphone app possible too. It’s still under development.
Make sure to check system requirements at its website because this emulator may Continue reading “23 Best Console Emulators List (PC, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux) Collection (2023 Edition)” →